Truck Rental Guidelines for Burners
- We will begin taking reservations on June 1st, 2017 at 8:00 AM.
- Reservations will be taken over the phone or in person at our location in Palo Alto.
- Reservations made online will not be honored.
- Please call (650) 494-2444 on June 1st for rental rates.
- Please use the "Rentals" link above to browse our different vehicle sizes.
- Please note that when you return from Burning Man the next customer will use this vehicle to move furniture, personal belongings, expensive machinery and/or equipment. All of these items are impacted by remaining dust in the vehicle. The next renter expects to rent a clean truck. We cannot meet their expectations unless the following guidelines and policies are met by customers returning from Burning Man.
- Due to the dusty nature of the Black Rock Desert, it has been our experience that vehicles returning from trips to Burning Man require extensive cleanup and reconditioning.
- Vehicles often return with excessive mud and dirt on the outside and undercarriage. In order to remove this, vehicles must be jacked up and HIGH PRESSURE washed.
- Dirt and mud gets into the wheels and cakes the brakes of the vehicle. Often the wheels must be removed and the braking system properly cleaned.
- Dust enters the vehicle's ventilation system and air filters must be cleaned or replaced.
- Dust gets into the cab of the vehicle, settles into the cloth seats, behind the seats, and into hard-to-reach areas. Dust also coats the floor mats, dash, and door jambs.
- Please take precautions while in the desert to prevent the above items from happening. You can bring tarps or plastic to cover areas of the truck. Only move the vehicle when necessary, especially if it rains.
- What we expect you to do to the EXTERIOR AND CARGO AREA before returning the vehicle:
- When you get back to the Bay Area, take the vehicle to a truck wash (click link for locations) and have a good cleaning performed on the exterior of the vehicle.
- Use an AIR HOSE at the truck wash to blow out any dust from the bed floor and off of the walls/behind slats. With a damp cloth or very small amount of water, wipe down the bed of the vehicle.
- What we expect you to do to the INTERIOR of the vehicle:
- Use an air hose at the truck wash to blow out any dust from the cab of the vehicle.
- DO NOT HOSE OUT or use excessive water to clean the inside of the vehicle. Water can get into the electrical system under the dash and can cause electrical failure. The floor mats are lined with jutes and any water on the jute will mildew and smell. Both conditions require excessive labor to remove the components, dry and replace. USE ONLY AN AIR HOSE TO BLOW OUT EXCESSIVE DIRT AND DUST.
- Minimum cleaning fees of $75 to $225 will apply if vehicle is returned dirty.
- Please note that Hengehold Trucks will only accept major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Amex and Discover) for deposit and payment. Debit Cards and Check Cashing Cards, even if they have a Visa or Mastercard logo on them, will NOT be accepted.